Sunday, August 23, 2009

Who Loves Boobs?

ME TOO!!! I love them a lot actually. But have you done anything to save them lately?

I don’t care if you call them boobs, breasts, tatas, hooters, knockers, the twins, the girls, tits, jugs, fun bags, lovely lady lumps, head lights, the rack, or bazoombas. The point is that we’re losing too many of them and the women (and men) they belong to.


This is my friend Carolyn West; she’s a breast cancer survivor and for the past 10 years she’s walked the Breast Cancer 3-Day to raise money to find a cure and provide support for those
fighting their own battle. She’s made the commitment again this year to walk 60 miles in 3 days (Washington, DC October 9-11). At night she’ll be sleeping in a tent.


Every year Carolyn's wife Lisa "loads up her car with plenty of goodies and has lots of hugs to share" with the walkers, too.


I did the 3-Day two years ago. I'm not doing it this year because the economy is in the toilet and in order to walk, you have to raise $2300. Take it from me, the walking is a piece of cake compared to raising that much money in any economy but this year it is horrific and Carolyn needs our help.

This is where her fundraising is as of Sunday 8/23/2009.
If she doesn't get the $2300 either she has to put the rest in herself or for the first time in 10 years, she doesn't get to walk.


Please go to this link and donate. $10, $20, whatever you can afford. And then share the link so that we can get her to her Walk.

In Westies’ words:
My 12th Walk in 10 Years
This adventure is truly the highlight weekend of the year for me. It is the only time when I can honestly say I am surrounded by kindness all day long. I love the togetherness that it shared and the feeling of being a part of something really important. I am looking forward to preparing for my journey, and would love to take you all along. Check back for more updates on my training, fundraising and team building.


Here’s her slideshow from last year's walk.


In closing, thanks for helping out and I have one more favor to ask. Below is the schedule for the remaining 2009 3-Day Walks. I'm not walking this year, but I am going to the San Diego Walk to cheer the walkers on. It’s an amazing experience and I encourage everyone to find the Breast Cancer 3-Day in your area and add your cheers.


Seattle September 11-13, 2009

San Francisco Bay Area October 2-4, 2009

Washington, DC October 9-11, 2009

Philadelphia October 16-18, 2009

Atlanta October 23-25, 2009

Tampa Bay October 30 - November 1, 2009

Dallas/Fort Worth November 6-8, 2009
Arizona
November 13-15, 2009

San Diego November 20-22, 2009

Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

2 comments:

  1. I love boobs! I'm so proud that I know people like Carolyn and Lisa (and the 1000's like them) who are putting forth this extraordinary effort to help cure breast cancer. Keep up the good fight ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rusty you are a real pal. Thanks for all your support - I couldn't do this every year without the help of friends like you.

    ReplyDelete