Saturday, August 15, 2009

Butch Overboard – Part III

The nose? Who knew?

After my first foray into the pool I told my daughter I was going to buy a nose clip because I remembered what I hate about the water (besides the possible drowning) — the water up my nose. She asked me how I breathe while swimming so I showed her.

Damn. You're supposed to exhale from the nose and inhale through the mouth? I have no idea why I thought swimming was a full on mouth-breather activity, but now I need to unlearn that habit. Kickboard at the ready.

5 comments:

  1. Hah Rusty! I hate that part about swimming too. Although, my sinuses get a fabulous wash every time I swim! Keep at it and good luck with your training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rusty, I am so proud of you! I hate getting water in my ears/nose too so I really feel your pain. Yay for you! You're doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so there with you. I'd be the smart ass that would be wearing the scuba gear or at least a snorkel; but that's mostly because my sinuses are messed up half the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all; I'm glad I'm not being a wuss for not liking the neti pool action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I don't like that part about swimming either, which is why I just dog paddle and keep my head above the water. Smile.

    ReplyDelete